Monday, March 2, 2020

Large pair - first layers


 Hallo,
   Finished off these 2 paintings this weekend in my studio. the first pic is them side by side of course - second one is the left painting and third pic is the right painting.
  I am liking how they turned out!!! I had some thoughts about leaving well enough alone at the point of the second to last picture as I really like them at that point .....but they seemed to need just a bit more of something.
   After the first 3 pics I have a bunch of photos of my process along the way - by no means is there a photo for every step or layer, especially once I started adding color - at that point there is probably about 4 to 6 layers for each photo.....
  And the last photo is again the finished pair...
    Have a great day!!!
      Tera
First layers - neutral white encaustic with several shades of gray oil sticks.
shellac with black ink - preburn.



Shellac with black ink - post burn
Added some color then another shellac and black ink layer and burn.

Added more color and a layer of shellac with gold mica powders and burn

More layers of oil stick and then encaustic.

No comments: