Friday, September 25, 2020

Glass mosaic windmill

Hallo,

  I finished this glass mosaic up last weekend and still have to put resin on it - but it wont change the look from this first picture. I did this piece on an old door from a broken china cabinet that the glass pane was still intact in.

  I am doing this for my Mom and Step-Dad for their wedding anniversary(its going to be a tad late ...)

  The windmill at the folks place has a trumpet vine growing all the way up it with pretty red-orange flowers on it.

  I drew out what I wanted and taped it to the back of the glass as a pattern to follow. (second pic)

  I had a hard time thinking about how I was going to cut the stained glass pieces into thin lines for the tower but then found the glass beads in the 4th photo and they worked perfectly!!

                                                                  I was worried that the blades wouldn't show up well when I was doing it but it turned out pretty good I thought.

     All for today - Take Care

         Tera







 

No comments: