Sunday, May 9, 2021

Winter fence line

Hallo,

   Well I have been busy but not as much painting went on for a couple weeks - I had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder and yes I am right handed. 

   This painting had the base layers of white and blue on before my surgery and the rest of the painting was done left handed, one handed and with a hot pen and a couple tips - mostly one that has a very fine tip light the old fountain type ink pens that you dipped into a bottle of ink before writing. That tip is wonderful for detail but it does take longer - especially when you are one handed and limited to your nondominant hand :)

  I am pleased with how it turned out though. The first 2 pics are of the finished painting and the others start at the beginning and shows how the painting progressed.

  It has been 3 weeks since my surgery and am able to use the hand a bit - but still in a sling for a few more weeks . Doing well, but this one handed thing is a pain in the ol butt!!!! I will say that the hubby is getting better at getting my hair into a ponytail without it looking like a three year old did it - he is such a trooper!!!! I will keep him!!!

     All for now - Take Care

          Tera







 

No comments: