Monday, May 31, 2021

Oriental Flair - mixed media

Hallo,

   I am taking a year long art/encaustic class - 'Painting with Fire' and the class that inspired this painting was using mixed media with encaustic.

   The black are rubber stamps with black stazon ink and then the teal is stazon with a stencil. Added some lines with walnut ink and then some watercolor for the tan lower part and the flowers.

  After a couple layers of clear encaustic I added more teal leaves using the stencil with pan pastels and also used the pan pastels to add more layers to the flowers. 

  I framed it out into a float frame. It is 10 H by 8 W for the art with a bit wider for the frame.

  I am having alot of fun with this class even if I cant do much with my right arm yet - healing well after my rotator cuff surgery but am restricted on how much I can lift and certain movements.....and alas, I have to go back to work this week......

    Take Care

         Tera


 

No comments: