Friday, September 16, 2022

Photoencaustic - Forest

Hallo,

I have been up in Wyoming at Eaton Ranch in Wolf at a photoencaustic class. We got to take pictures of the horses and even go riding in addition to the encaustic class. It was a wonderful class and trip for me!!!

  The First 2 pictures are 2 of my finished paintings. The next 2 are the original photos that I took to use in the paintings.

  I did a colorful encaustic background on 2 boards.

  The photos were isolated and printed out onto tissue paper. I put a layer of white encaustic under where the horses would go. The next 2 pictures show how the tissue paper disappears into the wax. Then I added some texture and other stuff to hide the edges better. 

  I was very happy with these 2 paintings!!! One of them sold on the last day when we had a little open house!!!

    All for today - Take Care

         Tera

.










 


No comments: