Thursday, March 16, 2023

Seashell slice basket.

Hallo, 

  Another small basket that I finished off while I was on my trip back home to Nebraska. I found these seashell slices at one of our local Antique/junk/gift/chochkey shops here in town and thought this one would make a good start to a basket - it is a flat slice and no need to drill holes. 

  I used a paper coil again and wrapped with hemp twines. I really like how this one turned out - I am slowly learning.

  I also brought along on my trip with me  2 books on coiling/basket making by Sande Rowen 'The Joy of basket making 1 and 2. She uses pine needs but the principals are similar and I got alot of ideas for how to do handles, lids, adding beads and other design ideas.

   My pictures start out at the begining and the last 3 photos are the finished basket. 

    All for today - Take Care

       Tera








 

No comments: