Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Seashell basket

Hallo,

  I havent been in the studio much lately - made a short trip to Nebraska to visit with my Mom and Step -Dad. Got to see snow for the first time in over 10 years which was nice - had to drive in some rain/sleet/ice one day which was not nice but good to know that my winter driving skills are still intact.

  This little basket is my first experiment  with using something as a 'start' for the bottom of the basket and first time using a shell. I had thought about a bigger shell but this was as I was packing my suitcase to fly home and it was all I had. My hubby drilled some holes for my and I stuck it in my suitcase. I  really need some kind of handwork when sitting watching TV in the evenings and this one was small enough that I could pack up a small project box. 

  I learned a couple things with this one. I coiled the first cow under the edge of the shell thinking to support the edge better but it made it really hard to attach the second row - I should have done the first row along side the shell edge. And 2 (which I kinda knew from the start) the rounded shell doesnt make a good bottom - it would probably make a good handle or lid topper though. Something to keep in mind.

  I used paper coil for the center and hemp twine to wrap with.

  This will be a cute little basket to add to my growing pile for my Grandbaby to play with.

     All for now - Talke Care

           Tera







 

No comments: