Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Monastery Lamas

Hallo,

   I spent alot of time in my studio this last weekend and this was one of the paintings I worked on.

  First pic is the finished painting.

   Second picture is how this painting began - I used 2 photos from my trip to Peeru in March and turned them into transparencies and made up a couple cyanotypes and combined them.

  I then colored up the Church and the lamas with colored pencils. (pics 3 and 4).

  I added a few layers of encaustic and then added lamas back in over the top of the initial ones to make them stand out a bit more. I printed the lamas onto tissue paper and colored them with pencils before embedding them into the encaustic.

   Then I added some texture with stencils to the church, the left part of the sky and in the grass around the lamas.

   The last 2 pics are the finished painting again.

      All for today.

         Take Care

                 Tera








 

No comments: