Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Journey

 Hallo,
   A fairly quick post for you this am - errands to run and house to clean but I am hoping to make it back to the craft room today also....
  I did this picture up for the current challenge over at Impression Obsession - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com
  The challenge this time was to make a shaker card - well mine has a shaker but its not a card - it is an 8 by 10 picture that I have had in mind for quite awhile. I love doing 3D art projects with my stamps and toys but time doesn't always allow so I have a lot more cards around than I use......
  I started with some tan paper and stamped the CAC - 'cogs' #CC149 over it and embossed with vintage photo embossing powder.
  Stamped 'airplane collage' #13013 with brown ink onto gray paper and cut out with a Spellbinders die (but snipped off the top rounded portion)
  Stamped 'classic truck' #1866 onto white cardstock and colored with prismacolor pencils and cut out and edged with metallic pen in copper.
   For my shaker I used the shaker die from Impression Obsession and the plastic self-adhesive shaker box that matches and put a round tag and some gears inside. The round tag says 'wander' and is glued down so it will always show, but the other gears are loose. The die portion that makes the frame is cut from 'rusty paper' which is a Technique Junkie technique that I love.
  I also used the rusty paper and embossed some gears onto it with an embossing folder. Also among the layers are some frame die cuts and portions of , from Spellbinders - metal corners from Tim Holtz (as are the charms and gears and clock face) and a clock face layered with 2 gears down in one corner.
  Alrighty - first load laundry done, walk done, time to get a move on the errands....
    Take Care
         Tera




3 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous, Tera! I love vintage and distressing, and did a fab job with both. The embossed gears look especially yummy!

Shirley said...

That is a really unique and awesome vintage collage picture. Rustic and the shaker is so creative with those gears! Thanks for playing, Tera, and good luck in the drawing too!

Katie said...

Cool project! I had to look at it up close to see all of the wonderful details you added. What a neat way to use the shaker pouch! I will have to keep that in mind too. :) Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.