Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Box 2 - beach scene


Hallo,
  I thought it was about time I showed you this box. I finished it off some time ago....the only picture I didn't get was with the new front latch hardware. I changed it out to one a bit fancier and more sturdy. And I did clean up the mirror and added a couple small seashells onto the lower left corner of the mirror .
  I took a plain wood box from JoAnn's and used a crackle type paint finish on it and painted the top white(with encaustic gesso). I then took the box to my studio and did an encaustic wax painting onto the lid - its the last picture - kind of a beach scene to go with the box color.
                                                                                          All for today - Take Care
                                                                                               Tera




No comments: