Hallo,
Another collage piece for you today - this one measures 12 by 12 inches and I pulled out the silver metal leave for this one.
I left the sides the natural wood.
All for now - Take Care
Tera
I am about to adventure into the life of Retirement and am looking forward to significantly more time in the studio, playing with my Grandkids and traveling now and then with the hubby. I have spent 41 years as an RN - mostly in Critical Care. I picked up painting and more formal art again when my kids went from High School into college. I have always done some form of art, even in the busy years of Career, Mom, Military wife - mostly in the crafty forms(sewing, rubber stamping, its a long list...) Now I mainly paint with encaustic wax. Encaustic is an ancient art form from Greece and Egypt that uses beeswax, natural tree resin and pigments. Encaustic is painted while melted in thin layers and every layer is fused to those below with heat( I mostly use a torch). True to my 'normal' self I have 3 or 4 other hobbies that keep me busy too , and you will be seeing(and have been) those here too.
No comments:
Post a Comment