Friday, November 15, 2019

Turquoise geode I

Hallo,
  Showing off the first of two paintings in this series. All encaustic wax.
  It reminds me of a family vacation we took to Colorado when I was a kid. The rock they used on gravel roads in spots was waste rock from the silver mines. In silver mining they didn't really consider turquoise to be of any value so it went out with the waste rock - so often you could find little chunks of turquoise on the roads, especially when it rained.
   The base layers of wax on this painting was from wax that I carved out of another painting - you can see it on the sides. It was carved out from one of the 'Canyonlands' series. Encaustic is too expensive to waste so the carvings make a good base as long as I know I am covering it up completely or need that color.( every painting starts with about 3 or 4 layers of base wax to 'prime' the panel).
    The measurements are 16 inches wide by 12 tall and 1.5 inches deep.
You can find this painting for sale on Saatchiart  - www.saatchiart.com - Tera Fujan
Or I believe the direct link to my page on Saatchiart is -  https://www.saatchiart.com/terafujan
   All for today - Take Care
      Tera




No comments: