Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Terra Rustica I

Hallo,

   I have been playing with rust and patina techniques lately along with encaustic.

   I did a background of wax and thought I would like a mostly simple sky. Thought about doing something with the lines in the first pic but ended up covering them up. This was rusted metal over the was for the first picture.

  In the second photo I added some gold/green patina and the beginings of copper/blue patina and then added some more color to the sky.


The third picture is the patinas and rust.

   The fourth photo I toned down the sky's wildness a bit and started adding some lines with wax and my hot pen to define the mountains a bit.

  The last photo is the finished painting. I added a bit of color back into the sky and finished off some more defining lines of the mountains.

The painting is 11H by 14 W and I finished off the sides with black.

   All for today - more rusty stuff to come!!!

                                                                                                               Take Care

                                                                                                                    Tera



 

No comments: