Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Hallo,

    Happy New Year everyone!!!! I spent alot of time in the studio over the New Years weekend which was really nice!!! 

    I finished off this painting on the 31st actually. This is a painting I have wanted to paint in some form since 1998. I took this photo on a horseback riding trip to Ireland in 1998. At the time I thought I would do it in watercolor but with small kids and a move and just life in general, I never managed to get it painted.

   When I had my first knee replacement about 5 years ago now, I decided to transfer all my old photo albums to digital and rediscovered my Ireland pics.

  This painting is 8 by 10 inches and painted with encaustic. I used a black and white print of my photo as an underpainting. I painted the base white layer with brushes and the rest was done with my hot pen and mostly the fine tip to add texture and details. The first photo in the post is the finished painting and then I show the progression of the painting.

   I have a bigger one in the works using slightly different techniques and I will add in the thatched roof also.

   All for today - Take Care

       Tera







 

No comments: