Sunday, January 8, 2023

Evening marsh

Hallo,

   Another productive day in the studio yesterday - I had started this painting last weekend as a break in between more detailed work. The third, fourth and fifth pics are what I did last weekend. 

   I started with base layers of plain encaustic and then a couple layers of white. I then added color with pan pastels - purples and blues for the sky and then greens for the marsh. I then did a few texture layers with plain medium and adding pan pastels in between as I went.

   I thought at one point to make the painting a bit foggy and that is the sixth pic, along with the beginnings of the marsh grasses with my hot pen and a fine tip. I ended up adding the horizon line back in and getting rid of the fog that I had started to add. (I have 2 more started in this series so no doubt one of them will end up foggy, but this one decided he didnt want to be foggy)

   Most of yesterday - about 5 hours' worth was adding the grasses with the hot pen.

    All for today - Take Care

            Tera







 

No comments: