Sunday, July 2, 2023

Big heavy basket

Hallo,

   I finished off this basket last night to give to my daughter as a toy basket for the Grandbaby. It is about 12 inches tall and 25 inches round - not including the handles.

   I used a 3/4-inch cotton rope and used up a bunch of yarn that has been in my stash for quite awhile. 

  The base was done with maroon and then a row of brown and then I did 2 rows each of rainbow colors. ROYGBIV - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.

  It is defiantly a sturdy and somewhat heavy basket. If I make any other this big it will be with papercore instead of the cotton rope core. The papercore is so much lighter!!!

    All for today - Have a Happy 4th of July weekend!!! Way too hot here in NW Florida to do anything outside for long and even then only the pool!!! I had a good block of time in my studio yesterday and today - another driftwood project in the works!!!

   Take Care

        Tera





 

No comments: