Saturday, January 20, 2024

Italian door

Hallo,
   I have had this idea in my head for a long time and so even though it is kind of a common theme in home store places like Kirklands and such - I had to do it anyhow.  When my family was living in Germany, we used to see doors like this on trips to Italy and in France - Most were red but I changed that up a bit.
  Encaustic painting, 11 by 14 inches. Last photo is the finished painting.
    I used stencils for the background, the lower rock path and the door but modified the stencils with walnut inks, oil crayons and some pan pastels.
   The tree and the flower pots were done with a hot pen.
  Back in the studio today and playing with some cyanotypes, that I printed up last weekend.
   Have a great weekend!!!
      Tera




 

No comments: