Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Hydrangea

Hallo,

   The transparency for this cyanotype print didn't work as well as I would have liked - too cluttered and too detailed, which didn't pick up in the print. First photo is how the plain cyanotype looked.

   I then added some color with colored pencil and decided to try it with encaustic as it looked much better with that bit of color. That is the second photo.

   The last 2 photos are the finished painting. I added several layers of encaustic medium and then layered 2 more photos printed onto tissue paper of smaller branches of hydrangea. Then I colored it all with pan pastels - colored over the original-colored pencil part a bit too.

   I wasn't as happy with this one as the first 2 paintings, but I have another hydrangea bush spotted in my neighborhood to take some pics of without that fence behind it and hopefully get a clearer print.

   All for today - Take Care

             Tera




 

No comments: