Sunday, January 28, 2024

Royal Iris

Hallo, 

   I have been playing with cyanotypes. I did these a couple times with premade paper when my kids were little and decided to try and make my own thanks to a class with Painting with Fire (an online encaustic yearlong course). 

   I bought the paper making kit and made up a boatload of papers and starting printing them over the last couple weekends. 

   Instead of using plants and leaves and such, I made up transparencies using some of my own photos. Then you just put the transparency over the paper and expose it to the sun. That step is my first photo here.

  I have alot of prints to play with so you will be seeing alot of these!!!

   The second photo I have used colored pencils to color in the iris, a couple leaves and a bud.

                                                                                      I then glued the paper to a wood panel and added encaustic to the mix. The last 2 pictures are the finished piece. It is an 8 by 10 inch and eventually it will be framed in a black float frame. (I ran out of studio time this weekend)

     Take Care

         Tera




 

No comments: