Wednesday, June 2, 2021

1923

Hallo,

   Back with more fun from my 'Painting with Fire ' classes. Todays painting combines 2 classes - a class on collage and a class on faux looks - in this case faux ivory.

   The main image is from a needlecraft magazine from 1923 from my long hoarded stash (although I did take photos first and saved them to my computer) and then various pretty papers - including some graphite rubbings onto rice paper and coated with wax from a You tube video by Shari Repole.

  Added several layers of wax and then did the faux ivory technique with encaustic, walnut ink and a bit of gold leaf. Used an Art deco type stencil that I thought fit well with the 1920's picture and then another stencil to frame the '1923'

  This painting is 20H by 16 W and I have finished the sides with metallic gold paint(nonencaustic).

   The second pic is the collage portion before I started adding encaustic.

                                                                             All for today - Take Care

                                                                                       Tera


 

No comments: