Thursday, June 17, 2021

Floral Ivory



Hallo,
  I have a ton of photos for you today -  put a photo of the finished painting at the start and then the progession of this painting - and then the last 3 photos are again of the finished painting.
  
  The first picture shows the backround of a painting that I decided to redo - I kinda liked the colors and the wax has small beads and copper and gold metallic foil embedded into it so I decided to make some flower forms out of it. I heated sections at a time and pulled up small strips while the wax was warm and rolled them into flowers.

  I repainted the board and started a faux ivory type technique on it but added some papers and an image of a victorian woman for collage.
  I continued with the faux ivory by using a stencil to make it look like a brick wall - reminding me of some of the old buildings we saw in Italy many years ago.
  I smoothed that layer out a little with a layer of plain medium and then used another stencil - a leaf type with a greenish gray color to make 'shadow' leaves. Then I added more of the ivory encaustic with the leaf stencil.

   Then I started adding my flowers, and more flowers, and more.....may have over done it??
    Last but not least I added gold leaf foil in several spots for just a touch of shine and glitz.

    I am really loving the encaustic online course I am taking - the faux ivory is one of the techniques I have learned .....
    Check out   #painting with fire2021 - either on FB or Instagram.

    All for tonight - Take Care
        Tera









 









No comments: