Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Garden wall

Hallo,

  One last faux ivory technique painting for you (at least for now).

  I used a brick wall stencil for the first layer and accented with some line carving and walnut ink. I then added a couple layers of plain medium to make the painting smooth again for the next stencil layer which is the leaves which I did in green and again accented with walnut inks.

  The flowers are also encaustic - I had an old painting that I had planned on reworking but liked the colors, and the wax had beads and foil embedded into the wax too. So I heated sections up and pulled up lines of wax and rolled them into flowers while they were still warm - I used a mini iron to melt/attach them to the board.

   I then added some accents with gold foil and painted the sides of the painting with gold metallic paint.

    This little painting is 8 by 8 inches.

     All for today - Take Care

               Tera 




 

No comments: