Monday, June 28, 2021

Leading Ladies

Hallo,

  Another finished painting in the faux ivory and vintage style collage realm. 

   12 by 12 inches by 2 inches deep. I used some graphite rubbings of leaves on rice paper and then coated with wax for base layers. Then  I some washi papers and a vintage photo printed on rice paper.  Next was the bronze colored vintage style ribbon and then I used a couple stencils for the faux ivory technique. Lastly some walnut ink and gold foil. 

   In other words a bit of this and that and then a bit more.....

   I painted the sides in a gold metallic acrylic paint.

  I haven't done much collage work as a whole so the experimenting is fun but am still trying to find how to balance the composition and lights and darks ect....

   I eventually want to try a few paintings using old family photos.....

    All for today - Take Care

               Tera





 

No comments: