Saturday, February 11, 2023

Coiled baskets


Hallo,

   A rainy saturday here in NW Florida - spent some time in the studio painting and now trying to catch up on some computer stuff.

  In the last couple months, I have finished off these 2 vases made with thrift store yarn and a 1/4-inch cotton rope core. I started coiling as an off shoot of an encaustic project and decided to make up a bunch of bowls, baskets and such for my Grandbaby to play with. 

   The first basket I made was to hold a bunch of books that I bought for her.  So far I have done 3 small bowls and a small basket and now these 2. The taller one is about 18 inches tall and the other one about 10 inches tall. 

   I have plans for a really big 'laundry basket type' basket that I will fill with all the smaller ones. 

   It is a great way to keep my hands busy for the hourish that we sit and watch TV in the evenings, and I am always finding yarn at the thrift shops or have people give me yarn so now it is getting used.

    Eventually when I get a bit better at this coiling thing, I have a couple fancier projects in mind.

    Have a great Day!!!

        Tera


 

No comments: