Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Grillin' and Chillin'

Hallo,
I am preposting this monday evening for ya - TS Ida is coming to visit, although she's looking more like just a big thunderstorm, you can never tell.
I did this for the challenge in the My Favorite Things forum at SCS - SYTYCSWK5 - the challenge was for a modern look with clean and simple lines.....I am not sure I managed to hit any of those with this card but I do like how it turned out!!!



I used 2 different MFT sets.
I doodled in the brick wall and the pattern and fringe on the blanket.
I rediscovered doodles from a tutorial on the Flourishes blog by 'One Krafty Kat' Look here - www.flourishesnewsletter.blogspot.com and here - www.onekraftykat.blogspot.com Colored with copics.
This card started out simpler and then I added and added.....I planed to just use one main image but couldn't decide which - I spose I would have come closer to 'clean lines' with only one image but.....I like it anyway!!!!!
The grill has silver metallic pen for the top with the coals showing through it - which turned out pretty cool IRL.

All for now - Hurricaine party - my house - tomorrow - movies and popcorn all ready.....
Take Care
Tera







1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

Your doodles are OUTstanding! Fantastic job embellishing and enhancing your images!!! Very cool!!! Great use of the silver pen on the grill grate too!!!