Friday, August 18, 2017
And its Friday once again - looking forward to some time in the studio tomorrow!!! Might takes the kayak out again Sunday am - if its not raining....
Showing you today the last of my recent birdcage projects, another one with a mannequin form. I sprayed this one with silver and then added some rust paint to grunge it up. The pendant actually comes from an old pair of sandals I had with the pretty stone-like do dads. She has a pretty feather and a filmstrip at her waist in front and one her back is clock hands, larger film strips and a silver clay medallion piece.
The tray under the birdcage is wood with pretty silver engraving decoration around the edge. It had the same decoration in the middle of the tray too and I was able to peel it off and glue it to the inside bottom of the birdcage.
The base is an old candle holder with the flat plate for the candle removed and I spray painted it and the birdcage in black.
This piece is currently at Artel gallery in Pensacola for their - "Digital Smigital" show.
This piece and the one with the birds and the painting I did with the picture of the rusty cage and spring mannequin are all sat Artel this month.
Well I had better get myself off to work.
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Well I managed to get some house cleaning done yesterday after work - I really would rather do about anything than house work, even pull weeds(only not putting myself into heatstroke to do it...as I would have yesterday or really about any afternoon lately....)
My hubby brought home this interesting chunk of metal intending to take it to the metal recycling center but I saw it and wanted to do something with it and this is what I came up with.
The mannequin is a chipboard form from Michaels that I sprayed with a gold glimmer spray and then added 2 shades of rust paint onto it.
The 'belt' used to be an old bracelet (found it at a thrift shop), the pendant is from a mold and is clay in a pretty cameo.
I sprayed the chunk of metal - which by the way is a dough mixer from a restaurant sized bread mixer - with black spray paint and added a bit of gold rub on.....
There is a clay piece in gold from a mold on her back and matching ones in black on the base .
All for today - Take Care
Monday, August 14, 2017
My favorite piece from this week in the one I posted yesterday - I took a bunch of pics and then decided to alter one of them in photoshop - I got several cool variations and made 2 of them into paintings. This is the first one. I really love this look!!!
I cut and then burned the edges of the photo and the edges of the cradled panel too. and then applied the photo image to the board with encaustic paint, several layers and then added a few helicopter leaves from Moms garden.
This one is 8 by 10 inches on a 1 inch cradled board.
Well off to work - Have a great day!!!'
Sunday, August 13, 2017
Another of this weeks finished projects for you....
This is the tallest of the candle holders that I altered. I painted it with 2 shades of rust paint, as I did the birdcage and the tray under the birdcage and then sprayed them all with acrylic sealer.
The mannequin form was painted with cold wax and oils. Once dry I added some clay pieces from a mold I made of 'helicopter seed' - sycamore I believe. I collected a whole pile the last time I was home at my Mom's. The ones we have here in Florida have really tiny seeds and Mom's tree up north has huge ones!!!
I used one clay piece as a necklace and a bunch on her back for wings, and then several scattered on the tray also.
My hubby, son and I tried out new kayaks yesterday morning which was fun - I can feel my arms a bit this am but not too bad. We have had the kayaks about 3 weeks but with all the rain we hadn't gotten them out yet.
We put in at a little strip of beach on the bay only about 5 minutes from our house, we were out about 40 minutes as it was a bit windy and we didn't want to over do it....it was a lot of fun!!!
All for this am - need to get a move on.....
Saturday, August 12, 2017
Well I have been working on a few projects here at home and was waiting to get some better pics by taking them to the studio and yesterday I decided to just take pics here at home anyhow....so therefore the picture quality isn't all the greatest....
Recently one of our neighbors moved and left 3 large candle holders for me - the parts that hold the candles were all rusted and falling apart but the rest of the stand were in pretty good shape.
The hubby cut off the flat candle plates and I proceeded to refinish and decorate them.
This one is the smallest of the 3 - only about 2.5 feet tall- once decorated it is now about 3.5 feet tall and oh so cool.
I spray painted the candle holder, and the birdcage and a wooden tray with black and then a layer of glitter and then some acrylic sealer.
I attached the wood tray with hard as nails and a short strip of wood on either side of the candle holder to hold the wood tray more level and sturdier.
I glued the birdcage on with E6000.
The birds are chipboard forms from Michaels that I sprayed with some gold and silver glimmer spray and then used 2 colors of rust paint from Tim Holtz to grunge them up. I then decorated the birds with pretty feathers gears, clock hands and film strip(from Tim Holtz also) and on the silver one a small pendant for a necklace.
I used some clay molds and gold clay for the decorations on the birdcage and sides of the wood platform.
I love the way this one turned out!!!
All for today - more to come!!!