Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Vintage ocean map

Hallo,

   This painting is 24 by 36 inches and I really love how this one turned out!!! I had done the background and the grid and really liked it but it just needed a bit of something else.

    I printed off 2 images onto rice paper and embedded them into the wax and then painted over them with my hot pens. One pen I have a very fine tip on, like an old fountain pen. and the other I switched back and forth between 2 small flat tips like an iron for smoothing. 

   First photo is the finished painting and then a few pics of the progression.  Towards the end are some close ups and one shows the sailboat in progress and finished.

   The painting still has the wide open space feel I liked but a few places added for the eyes to 'land'.

   Have a great day!!!

       Tera










 

No comments: