Thursday, November 11, 2021

Terra Rustica II


Hallo,
  ( First picture is the final rendition of this painting - I toned down the sky a bit after looking at it for awhile)

  Another rusty encaustic painting for you today. This one is 16H by 20 W.

I started with a somewhat wild sunset(we have had some really wild sunsets around here lately) and just did plain medium on the bottom half with some texture. The first picture is after I painted the first step of the rusted metal stuff onto it.

  The second picture is after I used the rusting solution on it.

   The third picture is after I added some patinas with gold/green and copper/blue.

   The rest of the photos show the progression of adding details with my hot pen and wax to define the mountains . and the last picture is the finished painting.

   All for today - there is more rust yet to come. I have 4 small 8 by 8 inch panels in the works.

       Take Care
          Tera







 

No comments: