Sunday, March 20, 2022

Octopuses garden

Hallo,

   This project has been in the works for the last several weeks and was done with the theme of 'monochromatic' in mind for the current show at Artel Gallery in Pensacola.

  It all started with a year long encaustic course I am taking called 'Painting with fire' - a couple classes about encaustic and how well it 'plays' with natural materials. 

                                                                                                           The base is a small piece of drift wood. And this is where yesterdays post about coiling got started. I used a coiling technique to try and simulate brain coral( semi successfully I think). The fan coral is a jute rope that I frayed out and dipped and painted with encaustic and the rest of the types of coral are made with paper clay and then painted with encaustic.

   I also did a little octopus out of paper clay and painted him and then did a shellac burn layer and tucked him in under one side of the log.

  I had alot of fun with this little project and will be doing more. I have 2 really big pieces of driftwood in my stash that I will do next.

   All for today - Take Care  

            Tera





 

No comments: