Thursday, June 30, 2022

Coiled basket

Hallo,
  Finished off another 'couch project' last night. (I can't sit and watch TV without something to do with my hands, usually that is making a locker hook rug or coloring images to be made into cards later.)
  I made this basket with a technique called coiling. I used a paper core coil that I got from the Blick Art store but I am pretty sure you could find it on Amazon too. The core is wrapped with good old Red Heart yarn - about 5 or 6 skeins worth. I have been watching my local thrift stores and that is where I have gotten all the yarn for this project (and a bunch more baskets to come) . Not only do I get the yarn for really cheep but reuse/repurpose!! The turquoise and the lighter green was actually someones knitting project half done - a sweater I think - and I unraveled it to use for the basket.
   I plan to fill this basket with kids books for my upcoming Grandbaby!!!
   The first 3 pictures are of the finished basket and the rest shows the progression of the project. It took me several months of working on it for an hour or 2 almost every night. Coiling isn't too hard to do but it does take time and I am still working on not getting wonky for the sides, and the handles were a challenge.
   All for today - Thanks for stopping by!!!
       Tera







 

No comments: