Monday, April 3, 2023

Bingo basket

Hallo,

   I finished off another 'couch project' last night. I cannot just sit on the couch and watch TV so I always have something to do with my hands. I make locker hook rugs and in the last year have started making baskets.

   For the base of this basket, I used an old bingo card that I found at a thrift shop (a packet of 4 actually). I drilled holes along all the edges to attach the first coil to. I used a paper coil and hemp twine to wrap the coil. I also Had an old plastic beaded necklace in my stash, and I used some of the beads in the top part for a bit of decoration.

  I made the walls of the basket a bit shorter at the front just to show off the card a bit more. Tapering the new coils at the front edges to build up the next layers was a bit of a challenge!!

  All for today - Take Care!!

     Tera




 

No comments: