Monday, August 20, 2018

Wreath from boutonnieres




 Hallo,
   Well I got back into the craft room this weekend - course most of my time was spent cleaning/organizing and it still looks a mess.....
   All the boutonnieres and corsages - well almost all - came back to me in boxes to store for my Daughter and new son-in-law and she didn't really care if I saved them or not. I hated to throw them away and I had left over burlap from making the table bottle decorations and a couple foam wreath forms so I set about making a wreath from the boutonnieres an corsages.
  I wrapped the foam with the burlap and then arranged the flowers along one side, gluing them and securing a bit more with long corsage pins. I added a couple of the starfish shells ( from the table decorations at the wedding) and that was it. Really didn't take long but she seemed to like it, from the pics I sent anyhow.
   Not too much going on here, trying to keep up on house work and such, and trying to walk and exercise in the pool more too (between the appendix surgery and the wedding I have put on almost 10 pounds and my knees really don't need that so I really have to behave and get back to loosing some weight...)
   Trying to get into the studio and craft room more too - I have some paintings in a new gallery out in Destin at a good location in a popular mall, as well as my space at HH ARTS, and a few pieces at Stone Soup. And next week will have 2 paintings in a year long show at the county buildings here in town. Even with all that I still have paintings in storage...I need to get pictures taken and put more stuff back in my Etsy shop.....VANGO art site is no longer in business, which is sad as it was a great site, but I never sold anything off it so I guess for me it really doesn't matter.
   All for now - gotta get off to work....
       Take Care
             Tera

No comments: