Monday, May 16, 2022

'Fairy Grey"

Hallo,

  Quick post as I get myself in gear for another Monday.

   I finished this sweet little painting off over the weekend. This painting took my about 10 hours to do total all - about 9 hours of it with the fine tip hot pen. Painting is 5 by 7 inches, encaustic wax.

  The first 2 pics are the finished painting - in and out of the float frame.

  Next I start with pics of the progression of this painting . After about 4 layers of encaustic medium, I embedded the black and white photo and covered it with another couple layers of wax, I then did a thin transparent(semi) layer of off white as a base and then started detailing with the hot pen.

  The photo ends up completely covered but it gives me a place to start, like a drawing would.

                                                                                         All for today - Take Care

                                                                                                    Tera








 

No comments: