Monday, March 11, 2024

Iris Mania

Hallo,

   And just to show that I am still doing some painting in the studio, this one I finished up over the weekend.

  This panel is on its third (and last) rendition.....I had done 2 other paintings on this panel - well started them, didnt like them, set it aside, came back to it and started over...

   I used some drawings from and old flower book printed onto tissue paper as an under drawing. In the first picture you can see the drawings and I was starting to color the background with pan pastels.

  Pictures 3, 4 and 5 show the progression of one of the bigger iris.

  The last 3 pictures are of the finished painting.

Encaustic wax with pan pastels and a bit of oil sticks. It measures 12 inches wide by 24 inches tall.

   All for today - Have a great Monday ya'll.

                                                                                            Tera








 

No comments: