Saturday, July 13, 2024

Beach grasses

Hallo,

   Well more cyanotypes to show you in the next few days. A few weeks ago the hubby and I took the pups for a morning walk on the bay and I collected a bunch of grasses and weeds from the beach and even found a horseshoe crab shell and I used them to make 3 large cyanotype prints.

   I did the prints on 15 by 22 inch watercolor paper. I even had to order custom made boards and float frames due to the odd size.

   I wanted to leave one of the 3 mostly untouched so with this one all I did was use some blue colored pencils to clarify a bunch of the lines and enhance some shadows here and there. It is glued to a cradled panel and when dry I used a couple layers of cold wax to seal it. The only other thing I did was to add a bit of oil stick to the edges (with blending medium to make it more translucent and to help it dry quicker). 

  I really like how it looks in the float frame.!!

                                                                                  I should be done with the other 2 in this series this weekend sometime so stop on back.

    Take Care

        Tera



 

No comments: