Monday, September 9, 2024

Hidden Wabbit, flower refuge

Hallo,
  Another Cyanotype and encaustic mixed media painting for you. First photo is the cyanotype as I was beginning to color with pencils. 4th photo is when I was finished with the colored pencil. I mounted it onto a cradled wood panel. I then added several layers of encaustic medium.
  For the 3D flowers I got out some paper clay and made up the flower petals and once they were dry I glued them together with a long piece of twine to use as stems. I painted them with encaustic paint and then embedded them into the wax on top of my painting.
  I finished off the edges with some blue pan pastels and then some gold oil stick and gold encaustic paint over that just for a bit of bling. There are some touches of gold on the 3D flower petals too.
  Framed in a black float frame - that was a challenge to do with the 3D stuff sticking out in front!!!
   All for today - Take Care
         Tera








 

No comments: