Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Patriotic flowers

Hallo,
Boy was it another beautiful day here is Florida - I got in another 2 hours + of yard work and by lunch time it was almost hot. I have my yard work about half done now - one area in the back corner and the flower beds out in front of my house to do yet - then I have 2 arches to put together, one for some clemetis that outgrew the one that is there and one for another up and coming clemetis that should outgrow his arch this year. I have pretty good luck with the clementis usually. I also, in addition to weeding and clearing dead stuff - dug up and replanted a bunch of daffodils and glads.
I did get some time at the craft table but only got one card done - another (rather 3 versions of another) is in the works to finish tomorrow. I saved some coloring to do on the couch tonight....
The card I did I am showing you 2 views as the light was failing in the craft room (I get better pics mid day than evening ). I used a backround from Cornish Heritage Farms stamped twice - once with 'so saffron' and once with 'mellow moss' (both Stampin Up) then stamped the flowers (Stampendous) in 'not quite navy' (also SU) and Staz-on blazing red. The dandilion stamp (DP Artworks) was embossed in white.
The ribbon is a white ribbon which I dyed with the Staz-on blazing red to match - did you know that if you lay the ribbon on the ink pad and then cover it with the plastic tray that comes with a Staz-on pad you can push down on it and pull the ribbon through without getting you fingers inky.
I learned that today - LOL - it was one of those "Brilliant"
moments - hee hee.
I also took out my Cuttlebug for the first time today to get the slider tag. I have had my Cuttlebug for almost 2 months now and just first got it out today - thats almost sad isn't it :)
I am impressed with how easy it is to work and the great results - you'll be seeing more Cuttlebug stuff in the near fucture!!!
Last but not least a few red/clear/blue sequins - tiny ones on the flowers, slightly larger for the tag which is edged in gold Krylon pen.
All for the day - gotta see about rustling up some grub for super.
Take Care
Tera
Posted by Picasa

No comments: