Monday, October 5, 2009

Christmas Jar


Hallo,
I hope everyone had a good weekend!!! I am glad for mondays - they are my fridays (even though I only work every other weekend - monday and tuesdays are my consistant days off sooo ahhhh monday).
Finished off this jar on friday. All these stamps are from Cornish Heritage Farms and you can find them here - http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/
This jar I found at a thrift shop for 1 dollar!!! It is a good size for a cookie jar but small enough that it could be used to hold almost anything.
I started with heavy white cardstock and cut them with my newest nestabilities label die and started stamping. First with a backrounder and then with a Christmas stamp - different for each side. To glue them to the jar I used gold shimmer mod podge and covered the jar with it too. I put another coat on over the top and when it dried sealed it with several layers of acrylic sealer. The mod podge has a nice shimmer and kinda gives it an aged antique look.
For the lid and tags I covered some chipboard pieces - also stamped with backrounders and Christmas stamps - added a Christmas phrase to each and 3 layers of ribbon that I also used on the jar neck.

All for today - need to get some cleaning done that got neglected a bit last week when I was feeling not so hot and I have a craft fair coming up so need to get off the computer and do chores so I have crafting time :)
Take Care
Tera

























2 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oooh, Tera, love ALL the sides of this jar (only saw a few pics on the CHF gallery). I wouldn't be able to part with this.... :)

Shirley said...

Very old fashioned Christmas and wonderful too~