I have finally finished off this briefcase project - after over 2 and 1/2 years.....Its one of those things that I got started and then got side-tracked and kept getting side-tracked and never got done.
Well one of my New Years Resolutions was to try and finish off a lot of the projects I have half done like this one and I finally got this one done :) I have had the briefcase recovered for 2 years now and the one of the main images done for about a year and ideas for other images and embellishments picked out for over 6 months and I finished it today!!!! (its about time eh ?)
It started out as a big old black briefcase with a few scuff marks on the outside, the inside is in very good shape with only 2 places that are scuffed up.
I started out making up a masterboard with a whole bunch of Oriental stamps from several companies. I then cut the master board into pieces and edged them with red ink and used mod podge to glue them all over the briefcase - cutting smaller pieces to fit around handles and the zipper for the file pouch and ect. Once it was dry I sprayed it all with several coats of acrylic finish to make it more durable.
The front of the case has 2 main images and the top left hand one is a stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps - colored with copics and her dress is paper pieced, and layered onto a fancy Spellbinders die.
The bottom right hand image is a Spellbinders die with stamps from Stampin' Up embossed onto it.
I glued the images on with mod podge and when dry sealed them too.
The back of the case I used a stencil and a black copic marker to make the iris and sealed it with a layer of mod podge and then the acrylic sealer (mod podge first because the acrylic sealer doesn't play well with alcohol markers :)
All for today - need to gather some supplies for my encaustic wax painting class tomorrow :) So excited, and sooo addicted :)