Thursday, May 3, 2018

Deep sea treasures

 Hallo,
   This altered cigar box is a joint project between my craft room and my studio art space.
  This cigar box had an indention on the lid that I wanted to do some type of painting in so I first painted the box black and then the top I coated with white gesso(except the edges which I did black).
  Next I used alcohol inks and made a seascape in blue, turquoise and purple. Then I started gluing on seashells into the corner.
  I used resin and covered the  alcohol ink and part way up the shells - and used a brush to seal the tops of the seashells with resin also.
  On the inside of the box lid I glued a digital image from Selina Fenech that I had colored with polychrome pencils. and then lined the bottom and the edges of the image with different shades of blue/blue green and turquoise rhinestones.
   I really like how it turned out.
   I have a couple more wooden boxes that I got at A.C. Moore that I am going to do something similar with also - but I am thinking encaustic instead of alcohol inks for the next one.
   All for today - Take Care
       Tera



No comments: