Monday, December 17, 2007

Cat Plaque

Hallo again,
Looks like Picassa is going to let me do all 4 photos today (usually it only lets me do 3 ???).
I am making a plaque that has my 2 oldest cats on it - the one on the right will be Cochiese who went to Kitty heavon about a year ago at age 14. I stamped the cat stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms in timber brown stazon for Cochiese and jet black stazon for Fancy (age 17 - still active and assisting me to train 2- 4 month old kittens - lots of hissin the first week the kittens were home LOL ).
The second photo I started coloring with my prismacolor pencils - I tend to work light to dark and always put on more white than will be there in the end because I like the way it makes the layers on top look more translucent. Second color is a medium yellow and with the eyes some golden, mustard shade of yellow. For the second photo I did a layer of a sienna brown and then
started with a medium gray. I only did the left half of the pic with the gray when I took this photo so you could see the difference. I also added the hint of green to her eyes and pinked up her nose with white, coral and pink. Up to this point the only part I have blended with mineral spirits is her eyes.
The last photo - after I finished with the first gray layer I blended with mineral spirits and added more sienna brown, more gray and started with the orange and blended once again.
My next steps will be to go back and lighten up certain areas, I will probably add some more gray too and then the last layer will be black to highlight the stripes and her eyes.
This old cat got her name Cochiese because when we adopted her she was a wild an rowdy little thing who could yowel like an indian on the warpath. She was my guard cat - one day when I was pregant with my daughter I was sitting on the floor reading when all the sudden she places herself
between me and the window with all her fur standing on end and started GROWLING. They had been working on the outside of the building and she heard them coming up the ladder before I did. She was very protective of me when I was pregant. The other funny thing about her - when my daughter was only about a month old I heard Cochiese meowing in the middle of the night - real soft like, so I got up and went to the bedroom door . My daughter was cooing and making little noises in her sleep and Cochiese was talking back to her - my daughter would make a noise and then Cochiese would coo back at her - it was so adorable.
Cochiese was never a lovey lap kitty but she was pretty special none the less - we lost her last year to a very fast growing kidney tumor, she wasn't sick but a week.

All for now - I have a bunch of errands to run today before I get some craft table time - I should be able to finish Cochiese today and start on Fancy's potrait - should have more pics lined up to show you tomorrow.
Tera
Posted by Picasa

No comments: