Saturday, December 15, 2007

More silly stuff and the start of a project/tutorial


Hallo,
Well I suvived my days to work (3 - 12 hour shifts in a row gets harder to do every year) and I survived the 5am to 730 pm field trip with 4 bus loads of 6 & 7th graders.....
The first thing I played with today was to finish off another card made with Gina K Designs 'Way to go' set - I call this the Manly thinkin spot - the toilet and rug are done with a backround stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms of diamond plating and the 'photos' in the backround are inchies made with some left over Harley paper from one of my 6-pack box projects that I did.
My next project is going to be a plaque depicting my 2 cats
Fancy (age 17) and Cochiese (went to kitty heavon last year at age 14).
I thought I would take pics of the project as I am going on (it will take me several days) and give you a little tutorial on prismacolor pencils as well.
Looks like Picassa is only going to let me post 3 pics with this post so I will probably have several posts today.
The first 2 pics in the tut are supplies - the Prismacolor pencils, some oderless mineral spirits (paint thinner) and a smaller container of same makes it easier for me to work with,
blending stumps, a pencil sharpener made for soft pencils(if you use a regular sharpener or an electric you will break leads ALOT and waste the pencils - I found this out the hard way :) They have different sizes of the stumps for blending small areas or large.

Also shown is the block of sanding paper you can buy with the stumps - it has dual purpose as it will sand off the color you just used so you have a clean one to blend next with and you can use it to keep the stump sharp for detail work.
In the last pic you can tell which one I have been using.
Stay Tuned for more pics in another post....
Tera
Posted by Picasa

No comments: