Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Beer themed mailbox

Hallo,
I made this mailbox today for a customer from my Etsy shop - she was looking for a gift box for her DH and requested a 'beer' theme ......hmmmm I know at least one more DH that this would fit for.....mine....may have to make another.
I used an old (about 10 years old) stamp from Eccentricks for the bar shelf, and the beer with the pretzel is almost as old from the Stamp Pad.
I stamped these first with Memento ink and colored with preismacolors pencils - then I used a trick I learned from the amazing Zindorf and used a embossing pen to cover the images and embossed them with clear powder. It worked great with the pencils - even the part I had blended with OMS
On the other side of the box I used stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com 'The Art of Framing' to stamped the Happy Birthday - I inked , first with versamark and then SU chocolate ink, stamped, and embossed with clear powder. Then I used a backround stamp 'woodgrain' also from Cornish Heritage Farms and stamped over the images for the backround. I love the backrounders from CHF - they literally GO WITH EVERYTHING!!!! Course I love Rubber Stamping for that reason too - you can combine many styles and companies of stamps endlessly!!!!
All for tonight - Take Care
Tera


























1 comment:

Ellen said...

what a gorgeous creation, that woodgrain looks almost real
just love the beer images on it.