Thursday, March 25, 2010

Faux Teapot

Hallo,
Another work day for me so am pre posting for you.
This card was done for this weeks FTTC59 challenge over at Flourishes - the challenge was to use something 'Faux' which is right up my alley most days. This card came out a bit more cluttered looking than I had in mind but over all I like it.
The backround paper is a scrap of a sheet that I did using the Faux Designer Paper technique from Technique Junkies. The backround was made with stamps from Inkadinkado, Stampin Up and Hanna Stamps.
The main image and phrase are both from Flourishes. Main image colored with copics. When I glued the teapot down it kinda faded into the backround so I first outlined hime in gray for shadows but that didn't help him to stand out - so I got a white gel pen and outlined him too and that helped define it a bit. My phrase didn't show up as well as I wanted either but I was out of crafting time for the day and the rest of the week (maybe get some time this weekend....)

Tomorrow I will show you the beginings of a bigger project that I have in works.
Take Care
Tera





3 comments:

Yogi said...

very pretty. Nice faux technique. Even with all the elements, still works well.

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW Tera!!! I love the Asian feel to this card!!! I don;t think it looks cluttered at all...it's simply GORGEOUS!!! You did a fab job on the faux DT technique!!!

Thank you for playing with us....always a pleasure seeing your creations :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Tera, this is amazing and so beautifully done! Wonderful faux technique design! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!