Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lace and Tea

Hallo,
I am off to work today but will leave you with a little something I finished yesterday.
This is a card for a challenge over at Flourishes blog. They are celebrating the opening of their new web store all week with challenges. I am 2 for 2 so far but that just may be all I get done....I work the next 2 days and then teach a class at work on friday....
Anyhwoo check out the fun here - www.flourishes.org/blog and shop here - www.flourishes.org


This card morphed quite a bit from my original plan but I love the way it turned out. I was digging through my stash of old ribbons and trim and couldn't find the perfect ones.....then I remembered that I had the lace stamps. So the backround is stamped with 2 of the lace trims from the Flourishes set. I also stamped the green colored one on the edge of the main image too and then lined it up to the trim in the backround.
The main image was stamped in walnut distress ink and then colored with my copics. Wasn't sure how that was going to work but I was careful and the paper I was using is super absorbent so it sucked up alot of ink - which I think helped it not to smear. I wanted the walnut stain instead of my usual memento black for a more vintage look.

I was trying for peach colored roses and got a little more orangey than I wanted but it was the best I could get with about an hour of playing. Came up with a weird kinda copic combo too - for the roses I used YR61, YR02, R22 and E08. I got a very light peach using more of the flesh tones and mixing pink and orange but I wanted just a tensy bit darker and I got close to what I envisioned...
I used the R22 and E08 to color the pearls to match too.
The phrase is from Cornish Heritage Farms - www.cornishheritagefarms.com
All for today - Take Care
Tera

3 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I love the colors you chose.. Thanks for joining us at Flourishes.

Yogi said...

Oh this is such a pretty card. Love the color scheme. That tea pot is beautiful. Love the border element background. Nice touch.

Julie Koerber said...

This is just gorgeous! I love that pop of red!