Sunday, October 11, 2015

Happy news day!!!!

 Hallo,
   Well I am enjoying having every weekend off and tomorrow I will be enjoying having all the government holidays off to (Columbus Day) - although I have to revamp my organizational skills to get errands and chores done on weekdays after work (8 hours shifts instead of 12!!)
That's the first bit of good news - my new job at the Base hospital on the Air Force base right by me in their recovery room!!!
  Second bit of good news is that I won FIRST PLACE in our local art show this month!!! The theme was 'urban' and this is the one that won (my last blog post was a very similar encaustic piece - I did both at the same time and the last one was a bit darker and this one lighter, and I chose to enter this one.) This is my first First Place  so I am pretty happy - so far all I have won is 1 Honorable Mention and I was pretty happy with that one too!!!!
  And last but not least I just found out earlier last week that I am going to be on the Design Team for Paper Temptress which is just loads of goodness!!! She has the greatest papers - cryogen white and Neenah both of which I use almost exclusively for my coloring - be it markers or pencils!!!, then there is the metallics  and the leather papers oh so yummy!!! I am really looking forward to trying out some other lines I haven't had a chance to yet!!!
   All for me today - have to start getting stuff gathered and organized for the craft fair I have on Saturday - I need to have it ready to go because set up is Friday evening, and I only have about an hour after work until I want to get over to the Gallery that my studio and my art is in, because we are having a 'Meet the Artist' night with wine, cheese, snacks ect. - and low and behold I am one of the 'Artists'!!!!
   Take Care
        Tera


No comments: