Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Sea Dreams



Hallo,
  Lots of pictures today - this is an encaustic wax painting, 36 inches w X 24 inches tall.
 The first picture shows the first 3/4 layers - several of plain wax to prime the board and then splatters in different colors  and the start of covering the board with a bit of oil stick rubbed all over the board.

The second picture shows several more layers of plain wax to start creating some texture.
The third picture I rubbed more oils stick mostly just on top of the texture with dark and turquoise blues
    The next few pics show work with an eye dropper to create the white coral, green seaweed and the some coral colored coral.
    The next to last pictures shows the addition of the bubbles - blues, turquoise, and gold - but as I looked at it a bit I think I overdid it with those so I ended up toning them down a bit and adding some white coral back in....and I am calling it done.
   All for today - Take Care
     Tera






No comments: