Monday, August 11, 2008

Hometown Pride

Hallo,
Showing you some more of my playing with my Thomas Kinkade stamps from CHF http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/ - This one is called Hometown Pride. I colored the image with a combination of prismacolor and Koh i noor pencils - sometimes I blend with oderless mineral spirits but on scenery I do very little blending as I like a little texture, not to mention these pencils blend into each other very well anyway.
I used a punch for the corners of the picture, the brown layers are edged with copper krylon pen. The big pearl looking brads accually had a silver edge but I used the copper krylon on the silver edge to make it match. The ribbon is from my large garage/estate sale/thrift store find stash - and all are layered on light tan cardstock.
I had planned on showing you the finished project from my previous post but the last layers are still drying - mainly because I had to make a run to A.C. Moore for more mod podge (can't believe with all my stash that I ran out of that!!!) So hope fully I can show off my finished cigar box tomorrow. I made it as a stationary box for my Mom for her Birthday which was last friday (her card did get there on time :). I also have a clipboard that I am making for her - a couple things to finish on that too, and I have another cigar box started too - a little out of my normal zone for colors but looks fun so far!!!
Alll for now - gotta get rolling on some dinner....
Take Care
Tera


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh wow Tera!!! that is sooo pretty!