Sunday, August 17, 2008

Workbasket Clipboards

Hallo,
While I had the mod podge out last week making boxes I also pulled out a couple clipboards....while boxes were drying I would do some layers on the clipboards.
My Mom collects old Workbasket craft magazines and I found a stash of them awhile back at a thrift store. I sorted through them for ones she was missing and kept the rest for myself. The base of the front and back of both these clipboards are pages from workbasket magazines. I then took images from SU 'Pattern of Friendship' and a new set from Gina K called - 'Many Happy Returns' . The old sewing machine from the Gina K set is my favorite - reminds me of my Mom.
I stamped the images on light beige paper and colored them with prismacolors. Then I took the 'Weave backrounder' from CHF and stamped over the top with aged linnen distress ink and used the same ink to distress the edges with. I then took a brown thin sharpie to make the faux stitching, layered them on brown paper and did more faux stitching in white and glued/sealed them onto the clipboards with mod podge. Added some yarn and ribbon to use as a bookmark/decoration.
The last 2 pics are of the one I am giving to my Mom ( along with her box). It has a picture of a crochet tablecloth and the directions - my Mom does alot - ALOT - of crochet.
The issues of Workbasket I used for these were from 1967.
All for today....Gotta get the kiddos off to bed early tonight - :)
Take Care
Tera



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

How totally fun Tera...I haven't done a clip board in AGES!!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Tera.. this just turned out fantastic! You know how I am about vintage anyway. lol Love it!