Saturday, August 30, 2008

Parade of Angels

Hallo,
I am on a roll here - this is a tall vase that I found at a thrift shop and decided it needed some angels. I decided to put the last 2 vases I etched the last couple days up on the Etsy shop here http://www.stampqueen.etsy.com/ but this one I am going to keep for me :).
With this vase I used the "Trumpeting Angel" stamp from CHF http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/ . I started at the bottom and offset the angels up and to the right with each one all around the vase until I reached the top, then put glass etching compound over the whole vase. I really like how this one looks with a pillar candle in it - I just couldn't get a good picture of it...
It is a bit harder to stamp these on a rounded surface - I averaged at least 2 trys for each angel to get a good, nonsmeared impression....
All for today - I have a few more vases to do but am going to switch to flowers I think for the next couple and I need to get some more glass etching compound - the big vase really took alot!!! Now where is my A.C. Moore coupon.....
Take Care
Tera


Posted by Picasa

No comments: